Tyson Fury vs Mahmoud Charr likely for Dec 3, “sausage” AJ stalls

Tyson Fury will likely share the ring with Mahmoud Charr on December 3 after Anthony Joshua stalled on his Fury vs Joshua contract signing.

Fury took to social media Friday to call AJ a “sausage” as the “Gypsy King” expressed his disappointment in a deal.

Will Fury vs Joshua happen next?

Joshua’s management team has been mulling the contract for nearly a week after WBC heavyweight champion Fury offered the Londoner an unexpected title shot.

Promoters from both sides recently updated the negotiations, saying only minor points needed to be resolved. However, with only ten weeks to go, time is running out.

Charr, a former WBA “regular” belt holder, is apparently waiting in the wings after a message to Fury on Instagram.

He said, “I promise I’ll break your pretty face, big dossier. I focus on this green and gold belt. He is coming home.

Frustrated, Fury unleashed both Oleksandr Usyk and Joshua with a tirade worthy of the lineal king.

Speaking on his channel, Usyk had recently discussed Fury’s decision not to participate in the talks.

“Despite his toughness and how he is generally described, he is afraid. Yes, from me”, said the Ukrainian.

Tyson Fury responded: “Usyk you little shit house. I’m going to stick my fist in your side, you little sausage.

“And that other shitty house. That bodybuilder Joshua, that’s a real shit house. He has the contract for I don’t know how long and he doesn’t sign it.

“Little sausage, you don’t want to fight. Your boss is a sausage. I have never seen anything like you.

“However, I will be fighting on December 3 if this sausage does not sign this contract, which I do not think he will be.”

Joshua has been linked to a fight in Beijing, China against Zhilei Zhang despite ongoing talks with Fury.

Fury vs Charr

Meanwhile, Charr and Fury have relished time and again about rekindling a fight that should have taken place years ago.

At present, it looks like UK fans will be disappointed again as Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren fall short of the two-fight deal everyone wants.

After his rematch loss to Usyk in Saudi Arabia last month, Joshua and Hearn will be keen to avoid another setback anyway, so it could be in the two-time world champion’s best interest.

In his last two title defenses, Fury has defeated Deontay Wilder. [October 2021] and Dillian Whyte [April 2022]. It is likely that he too is due to a blow.

WBC Voluntary Ranking Issue

The 32-year-old boxer is in a voluntary stage with the World Boxing Council, so Tyson Fury can choose from any of the top fifteen.

However, there could be a sticking point in a Fury vs. Charr fight. Despite not fighting since May and not being in the Top 40 before September, Charr was obviously elevated in the WBC Rankings to fight Fury.

Unfortunately for Fury, it wasn’t high enough. Charr is ranked 19th. Therefore, he will need special permission to challenge Fury for the WBC belt once a formal contract is signed.

Fury’s team have already booked a place at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff for their next fight at BT Sport Box Office.

Passing Charr despite Usyk also stating that he is willing to fight this year is just another blow to the sport and the possibility of an undisputed WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO championship fight.

It would be the first in two decades since the great Lennox Lewis ruled the heavyweight division.

The views expressed in this article are the views of Phil Jay.

WBN editor Phil Jay has over ten years of boxing news experience. He follows WBN on Facebook @officialworldboxingnews, Instagram and Twitter @worldboxingnews.

Scroll to Top